Tomorrow Is Election Day—Make Your Vote Count for Animals!
Calling all registered voters! Please keep animal welfare issues in mind at the ballot box tomorrow. Voting is one of the most important steps we can take as animal advocates: Humane laws will pass only if humane candidates are elected to office.
Although this isn’t a Presidential election year, the stakes are as high as ever. Many of you will have the opportunity to vote for governors, state legislators, mayors, city council members and other local officials, all of whom regularly make policy decisions affecting animals. It is crucial that you take this opportunity to elect officials who will fight for what you believe in.
As a voter, here are three important steps to take to make sure your voice is heard:
- Figure out which seats are up for election in your area. Visit the website for your state’s board of elections for details.
- Research the candidates’ positions on animal welfare issues. If you can’t find this information from their websites or by searching for a voter scorecard on animal welfare issues in your state, ask the candidates directly via email or social media.
- Hit the polls! Make sure you know your polling location, hours, and what important documents you need to bring with you.
We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to get out and vote tomorrow—and encourage your friends and family to do the same! Many of tomorrow’s elections will be won by tiny margins, so your vote can make a tremendous difference for animals.
Join the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade for timely updates on animal-related bills in your state and in Congress year-round.
- Hot Off the Presses: Our Farm Animal Welfare Certification Guide Is New and Improved!
- Whole30® Becomes First Dietary Program to Commit to Comprehensive Animal Welfare Standards
- ASPCA Assists in Rescuing At-Risk Animals Displaced by Kincade Fire in California
- Meet Russet! He Needs Your Help Finding a Loving Home
- ASPCA Assists in Rescuing Nearly 600 Birds and Dogs from Animal Fighting Case
- Atlas Proves that he is Worlds Above his Dogfighting Background