Why Calcium Supplements for Dogs ?
Calcium is a mineral that is essential not only for people but also animals anymore. Calcium is necessary for the formation of bones and teeth, when the body is calcium deficiency will cause different diseases adversely affect your dog.
When we have a dog, the daily amount of food available for dogs has provided certain amounts of calcium. But this is slightly lower calcium and not enough to provide for your dog.
The need for calcium of dogs in general from 4 times. So in addition to the calcium in food, we need calcium supplements for dogs, especially large breed some.
Calcium is a mineral needed for dogs
1.The common disease in the absence of calcium.
- Soft bones and brittle bones.
- Bone deformities, deformed.
- Hip dysplasia.
- Body retardation.
- Teeth weakness or degeneration of teeth.
- Weak muscles
- Blood pressure and heart rate low.
- Dog bones bent.
2.Dog’s calcium requirements through the stages.
- In the period from birth to 2 months of age: This stage does not need calcium supplements for puppies still being breastfed and supplemented milk drink.
- In the period from 2 to 4 months of age: This phase calcium supplements under the manufacturer’s dosage guidelines were used on each package, depending on different manufacturers that we use different supplements.
- In the period from 4 to 9 months of age: This phase dogs thrive, thereby increasing calcium requirements. This phase needs more police dogs about 20 to 30% dose. While enhancing their ability to exercise daily.
- Stage 9 to 12 months: This period for slowing calcium supplementation should follow the manufacturer’s dosage guidelines were used on each package.
- In the period from 12 months: calcium should be provided for dogs to develop muscles and tendons, this is the stage of development of the dog almost horizontal surface so that dogs lack calcium will quickly tired and down very quickly. A dose of calcium supplement on the package. And from now on just enough calcium supplements to prevent osteoporosis and brittle bones later.
Dogs need calcium supplements at all stages of development.
3.Calcium supplementation like?
- Natural food
The foods mainly calcium supplements for dogs as crab, shrimp, small fish, shell, bone types …
But to use these foods for dogs need training to become familiar with this type of food.
- Calcium Drugs
On the market there are many different types of calcium drugs calcium supplements for dogs. The general formula of the drug is calcium combined with vitamin D and may be in liquid or tablet form.
Also, it was a different form of medication used to transfer directly into a vein but usually only used in emergencies or severe calcium deficiency.
You can use or buy drugs from calcium outside a veterinary drug.
Milk contains calcium quite large and easily absorbed into the body.
Milk is the main source of calcium for dogs from infancy until separated mother. so milk is a source of calcium supplements daily for dogs, most importantly, should add milk to the dog’s daily ration.
Milk is also a source of calcium supplements for dogs
In these types of pellets always have a certain amount of calcium to calcium supplements for dogs phased development.
4.The reaction after the addition of calcium
When calcium supplements might go dog urine yellow, this is caused by calcium when the body heat. You can let the dog drink vitamin C food cooling or diuretics.